Wednesday, December 11, 2019

I'm Back


So after an experiment with my own website over at Wix I came to the conclusion that while it was a platform with many bells and whistles, it didn't suit my simple style...and it cost over $350 per year to keep it running!

I was hoping the move would inspire me to return to blogging, but all it did was isolate me. My RSS feed never worked. I didn't have my extensive blog roll (which I need to update). And it didn't seem like home. Like I was wearing someone else's shoes.

This is my blogging home. I'll stay put.

I need to find an alternative for my gaming store. Possibly Etsy. Or some other kind of on-line store.

But I wanted to let you know I am back to blogger. Ivy is going to move it over to my domain of gotheridgemanor.com when she gets a chance.

Glad to be back.

13 comments:

  1. I've been working on a web site for my "company" (such as it is *ahem*) but I prefer to keep blogging on Ye Old Blog and simply link through the site. I feel you, man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it did not meet my expectations and I lost my motivation to put in as much effort as I probably should have.

      Delete
  2. Excellent! I was able to link your website to my blog page but it is great to see you back here. I like this blog with its blog role. Your website felt clean and sterile and this blog seems alive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha, thanks Jason. You are quite right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly, liked it better here! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete