Pages

Saturday, May 16, 2026

Micro-Adventure - #114 RATS!

 Dungeon tropes are a thing to embrace, not to dismiss. It's simple to handwave the storm the orc infested tower to save the princess, evil wizard in a tower, a cult has kidnapped a child, and the one I am addressing is the rats in the cellar trope. This is actually the third micro-adventure using the trope. None of them are alike. I like taking expectations and twisting them. That's what I do with RATS!


This is part of my Micro-Adventure series that I write for my Patreon. Please take a look at patreon.com/gothridge and check it out. All my offerings are free.


https://youtu.be/1F5jAAd8TUc

1 comment:

  1. The best point is the defense of the cliché itself.

    Rats in the cellar only become boring when nothing happens beyond rats in a cellar.

    The trope is not the problem.

    Lack of imagination is.

    ReplyDelete