Saturday, May 21, 2016

Adventure Misdirect


MA#44 Grim Water Oasis was released tonight.  Click on the link if you'd like a PDF copy.


I like developing adventures/situations where there is no way to win.  My players are all too familiar with them.  In addition, adding that unknown element to the situation.  A vital piece of information that is missing that deprives the party of making an informed decision.  I don't use this type adventure all the time, I do like to use them on a regular basis to keep the party off balance.  What might seem like a black and white situation may be more complex.

The trickster is an entity I don't use too often, but I like the idea of an enemy that is never what it seems.  Constantly changing appearance and presenting a situation in a skewed way to prod the party into a rash decision. 

I want to welcome all my new patrons this month.  I hope everyone enjoys the adventure.  I think I rewrote a half a dozen times.  Changed the map just as many times.  I hope the final version is something that you can use at your table or at least glean some inspiration from.

No comments:

Post a Comment