Friday, September 6, 2013

Friday Question

Are there any rules that you've put into you home game that you borrowed from a non-tabletop RPG?

I  borrowed the lockpicking style of the Elder Scrolls video game.  I wrote a post about lockpicks it's my attempt to bring a little more play into that part of the game because I enjoyed the challenge playing the video game.  I haven't had a chance to test it out on players yet, but hope to do so soon. 

It's Friday and that my friends, is a very good thing.

(Unless you have to work on the weekend then it sucks to be you.)

2 comments:

  1. Elder Scrolls Morrowind and Oblivion are my favourite computer rpgs, apart from the classic Dungeon Master.

    Is there a pen&paper version, I wonder? I recently found out that there is a Starflight rpg. Maybe there are more computer rpgs turned into pen&paper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I steal tons of stuff from old CRPG (Ultima, Telengard, Phantasie, etc.) and I'm very tempted to jack a lot of the stuff in Dungeon Robber (esp. the whip for training beasts, and fishing in dungeon pools) and maybe even the pet dynamic in Torchlight... but in terms of *rules*, rather than monsters/places/names/etc., only Dungeon Robber has stuff I would take: a generic class that has abilities based on it's highest stats, maybe the whole simplification of the mechanics (tougher monsters mostly just get higher AC, but low HP all around, and fewer spells, fewer bonuses for stats, fewer bonuses period.)

    ReplyDelete