Thursday, August 20, 2015

Dragon Age One or Two Shot

I continue to tinker with the Dragon Age setting and AGE ruleset.  I'm enjoying the process and like the system.  of course I won't know exactly how much I like it or not like it until it gets played.  I'm using the box sets in this case, primarily the first one.  When the big book becomes available I'll snag a copy.  (although I heard they used a crappy binding and that makes me nervous for such a big book!)


I've read through the first box set a few times.  I'm trying to get a better grasp on the setting of Dragon Age, Thedas.  I don't think I've ever used a ready made setting before.  I like the setting, lots of cultures clashing, political intrigue, class/race wars and a big enemy, the darkspawn.  That's a good start.  It's a dense setting, meaning you can get a lot of play out of a small area.  So you don't need to be an expert about the whole setting.

I'm focusing my adventure in the Red Cliffe Village.  A simple enough adventure with what I hope interesting encounters and a twist or two.  The first short adventure is called, "The Day Butter Died".  I won't explain the title or adventure until after I've playtested it. 

There will be a few rule changes.  I'll list the changes in a later post. 

The one thing that has been challenging and this is from a layout point of view, is formatting the stat blocks is difficult and they take up a lot of room.  Usually I'll do my own version, but I haven't found a way to format them differently and providing the same information. 

But those are the challenges I love to have.  I know a few of you have posted that you've played in the Dragon Age game I was curious if there were any problems that you ran into?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds interesting, I haven't played this though. Greetings to you!

    ReplyDelete