Monday, August 31, 2015

Pits & Perils & More Systems


Our next game exploration is Pits & Perils.  +Chris C. has written an adventure for the system.  When he told me he was going to run it using that system I knew about it, but never looked at it.  Chris said you could fit a character sheet on a note card.  So when I made up my character I used a 4" x 6" note card and it fit with plenty of room to spare.

While it is a simple fantasy RPG, it has some interesting differences.  Most notable, to me, was the combat system.  I wrote the rules on my character sheet, the better you roll (it is a 2d6 system) the more damage you do.  There are variables like if your using a two-handed weapon in which case you get a +1 to your damage.

Our small group is planning on experimenting with other game systems.  I believe +Ken H wants to return to his Monteport setting using the Blood & Treasure system.  And I've been reading and writing adventures for a Dragon Age adventure.  I recently received the core book for Dragon Age and I have the a few Dragon Age 'history' books to help me figure out the background.

I guess I should go.  It's Monday and I've got bills to pay.  Although right now I would love nothing more than to draw a couple maps.

4 comments:

  1. I really like the P&P system, hits all the right points for be to be old school and rules lite enough for me to really allow for serious storytelling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to check out this Pits & Perils system. Sounds cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't forget about those tactical bonuses (page 69), as they eliminate some of the "whiff factor" and reward strategy, although we highly encourage house rules as well! We hope you enjoy it...

    ReplyDelete