Tuesday, September 13, 2016

The Place Between Places


I posted my 50th micro-adventure, The Place Between Places, on my patreon last night. I always offer the PDFs for free. My patreons at the appropriate levels get physical copies each month.

The physical copy is a zine with artwork from +William McAusland (who drew that gorgeous cover) and +Jeremy Mohler of Outland Entertainment.  A quick endorsement for these two, any publisher looking for quality stock art should go to RPGNow and grab a collection of their work.  It makes a simple adventure look epic!

The Place Between Places is a quick jaunt into an underground complex.  It has several little hooks that can lead the party into further adventures or into some interesting role-playing sessions.


This is a shot of a the cover and some of the pages within.  It is all black and white, eight pages, one page is used for credits and a cardstock cover.  I like the way it turned out.  At one point I added a short random encounter section, but I took it out because I felt the dungeon was too small for much randomness.

Please head on over to my Patreon and grab the free PDF and check it out.  Prepping for the adventure might take you 5 minutes, ten if you are blind in one eye.  And feel free to check out the other adventures.  If you like what you see then consider joining my Patreon.  Tossing in a $1 for a tip is appreciated, if you'd like the zine itself check out the reward levels and pledge.

5 comments:

  1. First, you can't really go wrong with McAusland. His scenery is always evocative and inspiring.

    Second, I tried to resist....but you got my silver shekels. I joined your Patreon after reading just two of the free PDFs and immediately loving them. If I could afford a larger donation, you'd get one, but times are tough.

    I really like your ideas. Well done.

    ReplyDelete