Friday, January 25, 2013

Manor #3 Update

I've been working away on the 3rd installment of The Manor.  *looks at watch* Only a few months late.  I should have did it as a Kickstarter *rim shot*.  I'll be here all week.

Seriously though, I switched direction I was originally going with it.  It's half-way done.  I have two more pieces to finish writing and seeing if I can get a couple pieces of art.  The cool thing is Ivy did some of the artwork for me this time.  I'm excited about the progress and looking forward to getting it out into cyber land. 

I know there have been recent changes in postal costs.  Rev Dak who produces the DCC zine CRAWL! told me about the drastic increase in Canadian postage.  So some price adjustments will probably need to be made.  I'm not sure how much at this time, but I'll let you know.  I still miss my creepy butterflies.  They were the best.

This Manor will be like the rest in length, 24 pages long with a card stock cover.  I'm going with a paper brown bag cover.  The first entry in be a One-Shot Adventure for low level characters.  Although I may need to rethink it being a 1st level adventure because the more I looked at it the more I think it might be scaled too high.  But then again I like them when they are a little tougher.

To save some space in the print version, in the adventure there will are a group of NPCs so rather than take up space in print I am going to offer the PDF version free to those you order the print version.  That way you can download the NPC pages and get more content overall. 


I created a new banner for GM games.  Instead of using that as a blog I am going to use it as a store front.  I'm hoping that people will use it as a hub to get any of the stuff they want.  Right now I've got my adventure and zines available through me directly, RPGNow, Lulu and Noble Knight Games.  I'm working towards completing a larger project, my ever always working on Starter Adventures, but its very close to being completed. 

 Time for some snoozes.  Later.

5 comments:

  1. Sweet! I was recently thinking that I need to ask you about your next issue. Can't wait to get it!

    Also just an fyi, our next issue of Wizards Mutants Laser Pistols will be coming out in about two weeks (hopefully earlier) and this issue has another crossword puzzle.

    -Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. After getting the first issue free, thanks to Erik, and being surprised to also receive the second issue free from you Tim, I'm looking forward to purchasing the third on its release. I'm very glad to hear this one is a husband and wife team effort too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. socalcanuck Great to hear. I always love to get my issue of WMLP in the mail. I'll be looking for it.

    David Glad you liked them. I'm really looking forward to getting this next issue done. Ivy did the art for me a couple years back and I had it sitting around and wondered why not use it. I'd been planning on it, just hadn't yet.

    Dylan I'm glad. I might be hitting you up for some art next issue.

    ReplyDelete