Thursday, January 10, 2013

Map Time!


A map I did last week.  Again, its a simple grid map I did on paint.  Since I am lousy at all that cross-hatch stuff I used a pattern fill that I think turned out well.  This adventure is called The Corruption of the Portico Mine.  With this adventure that makes about four I am working on because when Ivy wants to watch TV I grab my graph paper or sketch pad and doodle a map.  Then I start liking that map and write the beginning part.  So I have four adventures in the embryonic stage.

6 comments:

  1. I might have to use Paint instead of AutoRealm (given that I am not going to invest in software for mapping, at this point). AutoRealm is very cool for creating really big maps, but I have not figured out a good way to create a usable end product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! I'll bet it's a heck of a lot easier than using GIMP like I do. I may have to switch.

    A while back I saw a post in the WWW on using Excel to draw maps; it was an intriguing idea, but the hassle to make irregular rooms was simply too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I really like the pattern fill you used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really excellent for using Paint. I keep trying to learn Illustrator and Photoshop for making maps and... it's hard.

    ReplyDelete