Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Planned Projects and More on Artwork

Yesterday I asked about how important is the artwork. There are a ton of folks out there that are fantastic artists, but I don't feel comfortable asking them to donate artwork when I am attempting to sell my product for a small profit. My plan is to build a small war chest from the initial sales so when I decide to finish (an ongoing problem for me) a larger project I can hire some artists.

The projects I am working on are one shot adventures. They are built to be started and completed in an average three hour session. This of course depends on how much BSing occurs. All of them will be able to played separately, but there will be a series that are connected if the GM chooses to. Because of their length and the layout I am using I don't think there will be a 'wall of text' to contend with.

During that time I will be contact some artists on-line and see what the prices are. I really have no clue at what a quarter page ink costs or a full color cover. So I will be learning this as I go. I want to thank everyone for their feedback yesterday. I was much appreciated.

It's Wednesday, I'm at work and all I want to do right now is edit my adventure, look up a creature that I forgot to do last night and go to my haven of a bookstore and drink a very expensive drink.

2 comments:

  1. I believe you'll find artists that are willing to exchange their artwork for the finished book--I know many expect to receive a free copy anyway, but some simply draw because they like it.
    Speaking of personal experience here, two artpieces of mine are on Curtis' Stonehell, and the only thing I asked in return was a free PDF. When you believe the finished book is good enough, and you are a roleplayer who will use it, you may think those kind of deals are good. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where you wishing to talk to me Saturday at Gold Star Anime about carrying your completed books in the store, or if I knew any artists here to recommend for working on your books, or maybe you were interested in whether I could order something for you? I couldn't find/recognize a way to contact you that wasn't through your blog...
    jeraldsr@goldstaranime.com

    ReplyDelete