I'll be joining +Erik Tenkar's game next Friday and he'll be using Sanctuary, the focal point of the Thieves World setting. It's one of my favorite setting I've never had the play in. I'm a huge fan of the books and love the idea of walking through the Maze to the Vulgar Unicorn.
It got me to thinking of some of the settings, maybe they have their own ruleset (like Pendragon) or part of a larger ruleset (like Ravenloft) that I'd love to play in, but haven't. What would your list look like?
My list looks like this:
- Thieves World, some of the first gaming books I read, probably influenced my gaming style more than any other books
- Pendragon, playing in the world of Camelot would be a lot of fun, and I think the way they set up scenarios fits the genre perfect to reenact or rift on the existing legends
- Ravenloft, had the adventure module when it first came out, bought the Land of Dread supplements, never got to play in the land of Straud. There are so many cool ideas I could think of using this, the horror movie junkie in me salivates at the opportunities this kind of sandbox would provide
- Babylon 5, +Rob Conley GMed a short campaign a while back and had a great time. I mainly steer towards fantasy, but once in a while I love to get into sci-fi action
- Firefly, speaking of sci-fi action. I love the show, but not sure how the setting would be for gaming. I'd be interested to find out
That's the list I can think of off the top of my head. I'll be curious to see what other come up with.