Sunday, July 19, 2015

Story Cubes, What to Do


The other day I scored this trio of Story Cubes.  I've been a fan of these dice...well, because what's not to like?  They don't smell.  They aren't sticky.  They have cool little pictures.  And they are dice. 
 

I recently discovered they have a medical set I haven't seen yet.  However, I've had these for a while now, but haven't used them for anything yet.  I keep thinking I will, but...

Has anyone used these in game and how so?  I'm curious as to how others have used these.

5 comments:

  1. I used them with kids at a con as a "build your narrative" game, and with a crew on G+ for a bad-Oz setting

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used them extensively with the "9Qs" for solo RPG playing. I like them okay, though sometimes I have pulled a brain muscle getting those random pictures to work together with what's already happening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i use with kids as a toy when everything packed up

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use them for inspiration when I have some writer's block. Also for solo gaming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've used them a lot in my ESL classes as a speaking/writing prompt. I haven't used them in or for game yet. I'm not sure I would - getting stuck for game inspiration is rarely the stumbling block. It's doing all the prep that stops me.

    ReplyDelete