Monday, August 1, 2011

Calling Western PA and Eastern OH and SW NY Gamers

In October, Erie Days of Gaming will be here and I was wondering how many old school gamers might be interested in attending.  Last year we had a hell of a good time when Rob (Bat in the Attic), play-tested Goodman Games Dungeon Crawl Classic.  Bodies were flying everywhere. 

But outside that game there was very little.  EDOG is a small, board game centered gathering, but I would like to see if we can drag a few more old school guys from around the area into a fun day of sitting around the table and throwing some dice, gaming. 

It's a small venue, but they get a handful of vendors and events run throughout the three days.  I'd like to see Saturday crowded with old school guys.  I think it would be a lot of fun.  And if enough people are interested we can start planning a few games. 

Last year I attended with Rob (bat in the Attic), Al (Beyond the Black Gate) and Jason and John (Underworld Ink).  It's a very good start, but would like to recruit a few more gamers.

We Want You to Join Us at Erie Days of Gaming

10 comments:

  1. I'm down here in the Canton, OH area - what days is this going down?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bit too far east (NYC) to attend, unless I could convince the fiancee to make a vacation out of it... hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh jeez - CLICK THE LINK - I didn't see it before I posted. I'll get back to you on if I can attend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMM > Please do. It's not until near the end of October, but thought I would do a heads up so if anyone wanted to come they could plan ahead.

    Tenkar > I would say a little east. I'm not sure how much of vacation it would be, but overall Erie is a pretty cool little city and around that time there should be pumpkin, fall, Halloween, Bavarian, apple, and a few other 'fests' going on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to see if my longtime gaming buddy can come as well and we can make a day of it. This is far enough ahead that I MIGHT not get decapitated by the better half for doing it. Duly noted on the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can make it. Please keep me posted are well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! Good job getting the word out Tim! With Erie Pa right between Buffalo, Pittsburg and Cleveland, the show should be hopping with Old Schoolers. C'mon folks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's only a little over 2 hours from Cuyahgoa Falls, Ohio ... so that's a very tenative maybe. Problems being 1) there's a closer con that month -- like 10 minutes away -- and 2) it's doubtful I could persuade any of my gaming buddies to go meet some people I only know via the 'net...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds cool; it's a bit of a haul for me, but I've driven farther for less. And today has been a day of taking plunges for me. So if we're talking about targeting that Saturday (leaving Sunday for the drive back) I'd be very interested. I'd definitely like to be kept in whatever loop develops.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is no sign-up for running games on the event site. Do you try to commandeer a table for the day? I'm a good hour from Cleve, so an eve at the hotel would be required...

    ReplyDelete