Saturday, January 28, 2012

Game Plans Hampered by Sickness

Usually I don't do posts on non related gaming posts so I'll loop around and duct tape this at the end to some sort of gaming relevance.  Maybe not.  I've been sick all week and this weekend its gotten worse.  Don't mean to complain, but it is really getting on my nerves right now.  Next week my Monday night group gets restarted after a two week hiatus and then the second session for my newbie group is on Tuesday night.  I'm trying to work a bit on stuff and can't because the pressure behind my eyes is getting to the point where I think they may pop out at any time.  At some point I'm not sure I would care if it stopped the pressure.

The Monday night crew just cleared out a big boss.  It is leading up to the second stage of the campaign.  If I can manage to play on Monday the party is about to learn something game changing.  I'm interested to see what they will do with it.  If they do what i think they'll do then I will have a lot of work to do, but that's okay by me.  I've already got maps drawn.

Monday they finished the initial adventure successfully although the party is pretty well beat up and their cleric is unconscious.  Part of the reason they went on this adventure was to earn the privilege to be healed at the local temple.  It's a week's walk to the next temple and Brother Owen knows he has a bit of a monopoly in the area so strutting into the temple with a sack full of coins is not enough.  In my campaign world, gods do not heal someone who serves them no purpose. 

The thief initially got mouthy with the cleric, but backed off on the insistence of his fellow party members.  There will be a lot of role-playing in the next session.  They will learn how the town works and making one person mad my have repercussions in other areas.  Should be interesting. 

Okay, back on the couch.  I'm watching a documentary on the mothman. 

10 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're feeling lousy -- I just got over a bug myself, so I feel your pain. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you doing on the computer???? Back to the couch with some homemade soup, you go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope u feel better soon. Mothman is almost as cool as sasquatch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least you got a Mothman documentary out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait a second... Homemade soup from the Whisk? AND the Mothman? Wow. Sign me up for those germs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you start feeling better. Take care of yourself. I always thought Mothman is one of the spookier "critters".

    ReplyDelete
  7. I fully empathize with the not caring as long as it would make the pressure go away.

    Just always remember, it won't. You will just have the pain AND be unable to see which way to turn the lid on the Tylenol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get better bud. And don't worry about the group if you still under the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you get feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete