Monday, January 16, 2012

Map Time!

While I sat at my kitchen table tonight I created this map for the heck of it.  It is heavily influenced by Matt Jackson's technique over at his ..lampus calumni.. blog.  I've been really digging his maps lately and I wanted to do one.  Mine is not nearly as good.  My well sucks and that glump of ink in front of the bottom house is supposed to be a set of stairs.  Fat marker.  But other than that, I like it and may use it as a small mining camp.  I don't have anything written for it, but way to north is a secret room the miners will eventually discover.  What's in there?  I don't know.  But I am sure it will require the assistance of some adventurers.

6 comments:

  1. I dig it. I'd hate to be the first poor bastard into that secret chamber. Nothing good can come from that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I imagine the farmer who works the field at the bottom of the cliff (southeast corner of the map) has a fine collection of magical items he's pillaged from the adventurer's corpses he finds the morning after.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe, yeah I am sure it won't be pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jason Hmm, I heard he was an evil bastard. I hadn't realized the depth of his depravity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I am honored! Woohooo! Great map, I like the secret chamber up there, very foreboding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ran into the problem of the stairs and well when drawing maps. The solution turned out to be to use an Ultra-Fine Pen. The smaller the better.

    ReplyDelete