Friday, April 24, 2015

Friday Feature: Creature Compendium, Heroes & Other Worlds & Bird of a Feather


Lulu had a 30% off sale a week or two ago and like most of us I took advantage of the sale.  The first thing I grabbed was +Richard LeBlanc's Creature Compendium.  This is a no brainer.  Richard only does spectacular products.  This one is no different.  I've spend some quality time in my 'reading room' with it and I've already marked a few of the creatures to add to my adventures. 

The second book and third book I bought was +c.r. brandon's Heroes & Other Worlds (HOW) and a copy of The Cauldron that is a accompanying zine for HOW.  I've been hearing about HOW for a while now.  +Tim Knight uses it in his campaign and +Joshua Macy has been writing content for HOW on his blog.  So between these two and the sale, I got a copy of the system.  I really like how it works.  It is simple.  Which is important because my brain is wibbly wobbly most of the time and stuff falls out.  It's a simple system with a lot of options.  I haven't had a chance to look at The Cauldron yet.  It looks to have a lot of complimentary material.



The last thing I received in my mail call was Bird of a Feather from +Lesser Gnome.  Created by the minds of +Zach Glazar and +John Hammerle.  They had a 40% off sale during Swords & Wizardry Appreciation day.  I bought it knowing very little about it.  I was very impressed with their other products so with the sale I just clicked and waited.  Very fast turn around by the way.  Little did I know Bird of a Feather is a collection of short adventures.  Right up my alley.  Everything about this book is good.  The adventure ideas, the creatures, personalities, art, layout and over all quality are all top-notch.  I'm officially a fanboy of Lesser Gnome. 

Oh, and they sent me some hardcore tattoos to sport at my next gaming session. 

1 comment:

  1. So pleased to hear of another HOW convert. Looking forward to hearing what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete