Saturday, April 21, 2012

Map Time Fashion Show

I've been playing around today with making maps on the computer.  Just using the simple Paint program because that is my skill level with mapping programs.  I did it in the old style TSR module format, but played with the different colors.  So here is the same map four ways.  I'm titling this one "The Taps Six Dungeon" because back in Jr. High this was one of my first homemade jobs and a lot of the gamers wanted to go through it.  While that is long gone, I thought it would be fun to bring it back and see if I can put some life back into it.
Here is Tap Six in what I call OSR black.  It is modern yet classic with an elegance that will never go out of style.


Here is Tap Six in a calming blue for casual times.  This look is good for dinner parties at home or luncheons with friends.  

Tap Six never looked so sexy.  The red incites passion and excitement.  A flare in the night for everyone to see.  Tap Six cannot be ignored in red.

And lastly, the classic.  Light blue of eternity.  While the other colors come and go this chartreuse blue that brings back memories of yesteryear.

Have a great weekend.  Throw some dice.

4 comments:

  1. That looks great! I wish I could get mine to come out looking so good (I have trouble with my corridors looking "off" even though my rooms all look fine). But it's nice to see it can be done, and that gives me hope for my own map-making.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those look amazing. Did you have to put the grid in by hand, or is there an option in Paint to toggle a grid?

    -Ed Green

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bard Thanks. I just use the line option in paint. If I had to draw them it would be bad.

    edowarsblog Just added your blog to my roll. Love your tagline there. Actually I scanned in a sheet of graph paper then 'painted' over it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, okay, thanks. I'll have to give that a try. And thanks for adding my blog to your roll. :)

    ReplyDelete