Thursday, April 26, 2012

Welp, I Choosed My Choice


After throwing PDF or Not to PDF out there I got a lot of impassioned responses.  It's interesting how such a small decision can incite this degree of different opinions.  After some consideration I decided on releasing The Manor in both formats.  The print copy will come directly from the manor printed and stapled by me or Whisk.  The PDF will be offered at RPGNow and at Lulu.  Although I have to set up a store at Lulu.  I'm not going to do a delay for the PDF.  If there is a delay its because I screwed something up.

I'm not doing this for money.  If I were I would be the worst business person in the world.  I'm just doing it because a lot of people were interesting in an electronic version.  And I don't think it takes away from the print version at all.  I can't tell you how many times I've bought both versions of a product.

With every project I start there is always an expectation hung on it.  Like how many would I like to sell.  With Knowledge Illuminates I wasn't sure what the response would be so I kept my expectations low at selling 25.  I've sold 129 now I think which is great.  With the first issue of the Manor I have a number of 100 in my head.  I'd like to reach that goal with sales.  If I don't reach my goal will I pout and piss my pants?  Nah.  I'll keep it in mind when I do issue #2 and hope to do better.

I want to thank everyone for their comments (even the ones who deleted theirs lol).  I didn't expect such a big response.  I'm in my final read over with my copy tonight.  Tomorrow or Saturday I'll send it out to proofreaders and in the beginning of May is should be ready to roll out.  It's a lot of work and a lot of fun.  

5 comments:

  1. Can I get a signed copy?

    Signed of course by Whisk, no offense Tim. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoot! I think that is a great decision, though I know I'm going to go for a print copy myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you found the choice that works best for what you want to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent! Can't wait for it to come out.

    ReplyDelete