Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Cover for Issue #1 of The Manor


I can't tell you how excited I was when I saw the email from Jason Sholtis.  Look at that cover!  I love it.  Jason did a fantastic job.  It's coming together better than I expected.  I will finish up one more article and then do edits.  After that all that's left is final tweaks on the layout and a weekend spent printing and stapling. 

By the way, the image above is just that.  When I print it on the red card stock it looks fantastic.  I tried to take pictures of it, but it didn't turn out all that great.  I'll post a sample cover soon. 

16 comments:

  1. It's damn nice, he's done great work..that's not a sleestak is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to this -- though a sleestak ought to grace a future cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool, indeed. I'm sure this is going to be a great project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! Interior art in progress...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent! I know you said you'd have a "cool update" for today, but this is ultra-cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice looking cover! So is it a troglodyte? Which begs the question, statistically is a troglodyte a sleestak?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool cover! What's going to be inside?

    ReplyDelete
  8. My guess is trog as well.. but man that looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want the 'critical comment' bonus XP, so here goes:

    The badge in the lower left corner... can we lose the grey and give it a solid black background?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking good! I think red card stock is a good choice too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent! Cannot wait to see it in finished form.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's looking good.

    Hey, do you have a cover price yet? I ask because I have to prime my PayPal with money for this, and that usually takes a few days to go through. I keep it primed with money for Loviatar and Dungeon Crawl, and now I will be adding The Manor to the list.

    ReplyDelete