Monday, February 15, 2016

New Character Notebook Book


This week begins our second chapter into +Ken H's Monteport megadungeon.  Last time around we used Blood & Treasure for the system, this time it will Bloody Basic.  Character levels cap at 6th.  Wednesday is our first session and we'll spend some of that time creating characters.  +Chris C. and I get to roll the characters we will play and also roll up a sidekick each that will travel with us and also be our replacement character should our original dude die.

I thought I would go with a dedicated notebook for the campaign.  I used to do this all the time.  It helped keep everything in one place, character sheet with update, notes, information and general ideas of concepts that I will forget if I don't write it down. 

I picked this one up at Barnes yesterday.  I originally wanted a Celtic hardcover notebook, but it refused to lay flat.  This one has the ring binding to it will lay flat easily.  You can't go wrong with The Great Wave Off Kanagawa, the title of the cover art, done by Hokusai.  I remember this picture from one of childhood books.

1 comment:

  1. It depends on how many games I'm playing. At one point I was in three or four different campaigns, so I had a three-ring binder with dividers, and had a section for my character sheet and adventure notes for each campaign.

    With our shared world game, it has been easier. I have my P&P rules printed out and stored in a binder and just slip my character sheet in the binder's front pocket.

    ReplyDelete