Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Another Petty God is Born

And his name is +Jason Zavoda.  Zavoda does sound like good Petty God name.  Zavoda is the Petty God of Used Gaming Goods.  In my pantheon he would rate higher than a petty god, it is gaming after all.  Here's why Zavoda earned his deity status....


Jason asked if I wanted a couple of adventure modules that were in well-used.  I never turn down adventure modules.  I said sure.  I though maybe he'd send a couple in a manilla envelope.  Holy crap no he did not.  The package weighted about five pounds or more.

Now the amazing thing is not just the weight and the quantity that was inside, but the fantastic quality of what was inside.  Stuff I needed to fill in holes in my collection. 


There were a big batch of pirate ship cards.  Most of them were in individual plastic sleeves.  The ships look very cool. 


This is probably the most interesting bunch of the batch.  I've never heard of any of these or if I had that memory is long gone.  When I see stuff like this I go back in time to where we huddled in unair conditioned attic during the summer reading the latest gaming material we could get our hands on.  Then the inevitable debate about what this meant or what that meant.


I just started getting Lankmar stuff.   I've always been interested in it, but I've never had them.  I got the main book on eBay last week and then Jason sends me all this!  From the looks of it there are different versions of Lankmar.  I did not know this.


Role-Aids and Undermountain.  Like Lankmar above, I was also looking on eBay at these guys, just getting a feel for the prices and just pondering what was inside.  Undermountain looks crazy good.  Big maps!  Jason asked if all the maps were there...I have no idea.


 Stupid blogger flipping my pictures.  The next batch are a series of classic modules.  Some of these I have, but mine are also worn so its cool to have spare when the cover blows out or +Rob Conley spills pizza all over my booklet.  (Rob will proclaim his innocence, but he is guilty)


 Boom!  Classics!  I was raised on these adventures.  I don't have this version of Tomb of Horrors.  Very cool.


 The B series is one of those that I don't have many of.  I think I have 1 and 2 and  Zavoda used his powers and granted me two in the series I did not have.  I've been the B3 a couple of times when I had a full head of hair.  Long ago.


And lastly, a Ravenloft book I didn't have.  Again, Zavoda knows.  And a copy of the Free RPGDay DCC adventure from last year. 

As you can see I believe Zavoda has earned the right to stand in the pantheon of petty gods.

13 comments:

  1. Dude. Score.
    All hail Zavoda. I think I'll spend the weekend statting his avatar...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I think all in I have only three of these, and there are more than three there that I had never even heard of. The God of Games (and his personification on this Earth, Zavoda) is indeed good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Idols will be built and altars will bow with the weight of the offerings.

      Delete
  3. So the altar to this god is a bookshelf. The High Priest is a DM. The worshipers are Players. Sacrifices are dead character sheets. The first comandment is these shall not collect dust. This could go a long way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. I like it. We just need to come up with some level names and we should be good to go.

      Delete
  4. Looks like you did well on your reaction roll with him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Problems with Dragonquest? It's such an innocent looking book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy Crap, The Mines of Keridav! I thought I might be the only person that still has a copy of this on their shelf.

    ReplyDelete