Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I Know I am Late to this Party, But...

Finally. Finally, got to go see District 9 tonight and it lived up to all the great things I heard about it. It's been a while since I'd seen a great sci-fi flick like this. One that gets me thinking. While I was watching it I considered the RPG elements to it. What bits I could use and what would work in a game. And of course with the ending I am extrapolating on what could happen. Possible scenarios after the end of the movie. What happens in their new encampment? And what happens when three years passes?

All good stuff. If you haven't seen it (and it seems like I am one of the few that hadn't yet) go see it. It will get your creative juices pumping.

2 comments:

  1. I was pretty certain that you would like it.
    --I'm glad it worked for you.

    Did you get a bit sniffly at points?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember getting sniffly, but was waiting for someone to get in that mech thing and start wrecking things. My wife was teary eyed afterward and said "I liked the little guy." She was tired going in and said she may fall asleep. She stayed awake for the whole thing and really enjoyed it. With all the great thing said about it I was hoping I wasn't going in with too high expectations, but it delivered.

    ReplyDelete