Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Gaming Night

Cast of Dubious Characters

GM: Rob 'I could kill you with my thumb' Conley
Oelander: Dwayne
Syrinvald: Rusty was absent and his character has never been so competent
Ashling: Me

Last night's game was a bit disjointed. After an interruption to run a 4 year old to an ice cream social and a few rounds of CoD: Modern Warfare 2 we managed to pick through a revised White Plume Mountain adventure. Oelander sought out a sword of power. As a group we are beginning to make noise and attracting the attention of lords of impending doom. And Oelander thought it might be a good idea to get a decent weapon to chop them up. Fair enough.

Rob ran White Plume Mountain and adventure I had not been on in decades. I remembered bits, but just enough to get me killed. I secured Wave, the powerfully cool trident from the gi-gundo crab. So Ashling is sporting a very big fork these days. We managed to get by a few tricky traps that Dwayne figured out. One of them, the Frictionless Room was a beast.

We made short work to the zagguart room. The ogre magi could have been very bad news, but we managed to take it out with a few ingenious mauvers by me. Not really, but the loot was tremendous. If Ashling was the nesting type of guy he would be very cozy now. Oelander scored his sword of power, Blackrazor, but everyone we met along the seemed to warn us about him having it. *Even though I had the module I did not peek*

Along the way we allied with a Bronze Dragon which was unusual. It seems to be preening us for later use. When we returned to Virdistan, the big city, we volunteered 10% of our loot to the council. Did you read that folks? I'll spell it slowly, we v-o-l-u-n-t-e-e-r-e-d 10% of our loot. You may think we were brown nosing and we are, but having a city council member as an ally is a huge boon. Our house and staff was being harassed by a gang, the council member took care of it.

After some discussion it was agreed to destroy the sword. We walked all that way only to get a sword we are going to scrap. At least I got my big fork.

We are taking a break next week from Rob's game since Rusty is enjoying a long and I am sure well earned vacation. Next week we will be playing Dwayne's GURPS campaign. My character in that campaign is a lot of fun. Looking forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. Nice. White Plume Mountain is one of my personal favorites.

    I've actually been toying with the idea of doing a "revised" WPM myself, perhaps something to run at the local gaming tournament in a couple weeks. Had you played the original before? Was the story-line the same (wizard steals magic weapons, PCs are trying to steal them back)? Was Whelm present along with its "dark guardian?"

    Tell me more, please!
    ; )

    ReplyDelete