Friday, November 16, 2012

Friday Question

Did it take three weeks for Friday to get here?  Anyway, another simple Friday post that won't tax my brain, but a genuine interest in the answers.  This week's question...I'm asking this one this week since Black Friday is next week.  With Christmas rushing upon us and here in the States our mad rush starts the day after Thanksgiving, are there any products out there you would like for under your tree?  These products don't need to be in existence, just what you would like to have for Christmas.

Personally I would like to have the complete Pendragon RPG books.  I have several, but would like to get the missing ones.  Another product I'd love to have is Citybook VI.  Its the tough one to find.   Products in production I'd like to get Petty Gods, James Mal teased me with a glimpse of it not too long ago.  The Witch by Tim Brennan in print and also Patrick Wetmore's ASE2-3.  Those should be out soon so I better save a little money. 

Time to go make some dough so I can buy a couple of those things.  Make a wishlist and share.  You never know, Santa Claws may sneak into your house when you're asleep and deliver one or two.

10 comments:

  1. I'd like to have the Weird Adventures Companion--magically completed by elves so I don't have to do it.

    Seriously, though Petty Gods is something we've waited on a long time. I also found out last night that a new Guide to Glorantha is in the works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to GURPS Zombies.

    And actually I have Citybook VI right here. It's not that great, actually. I leafed through it and found exactly 0 places I used in a game. Same with Citybook V. I skipped IV. I-III I used things from in actual play, but not the others. So you aren't missing out on that much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love and use the CB materials OOH- with the exception of the last one. I quite like Uptown. It has been on the Flying Buffalo "about to be reprinted" list for most of this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In no particular order:
    Realms of Crawling Chaos
    Microscope
    Dungeon Crawl Classics - doesn't even have to be either of the fancy covers
    Campaign Sourcebook and Catacomb Guide
    Robin's Laws of Good Game Mastering
    Knights of the Dinner Table Bundle of Trouble #7
    An Adventure Time t-shirt

    Hmm. Probably should print this out and casually leave it on the kitchen table for Lady Shadowmoss to see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, you guys are making my list longer. I'll need to write some of these down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is a lot of great stuff out there . I have been looking a lot at this new Myth & Magic 2e retro clone as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ditto on the dungeon crawl classic (oh, and a lot of free time to play!)... maybe Blood & Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like Danjou's Hand up there, not in any particular order:

    ASE2-3 (want now!)
    ACKS
    In The Labyrinth (I never managed to own a copy)
    The Arctic Environment (fourth in the Environment series for Traveller; printed in a very limited edition and near-impossible to find)
    Lords of the Middle Sea (old wargame from Chaosium)
    Scourge of the Demon Wolf
    Dune: Chronicles of the Imperium (I really wish I hadn't sold my copy)
    the Pendragon books I don't already have
    the Lords of Creation adventures I don't already have (Yeti Sanction and Omegakron)
    WotC reprints of the GDQ series, the White Box and the four supplements, the A series, the S series, and the U series
    a new edition of Magic Realm
    and a pony. or a pwny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And Brennen's The Witch in print, as well.

    ReplyDelete