Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Day 4 and I Already Hit the Wall

I'm a fricking lightweight.  Last night was the 4th night and I already wanted to pass on doing my writing.  Tired from work and just wanting to watch Netflix...nope.  Whisk coached me into starting.  Grind.  Grind.  That's me grinding on my writing...not the other kind.  I know, TMI.  Fast forward, around 10:30pm I had the b button buried in my forehead from falling asleep and hitting my head on the keyboard, but I got my 1700 in last night.

What I worked on is the village of Bad Water.


I believe I posted this map a little while ago.  I'm going through and adding who is in each building their background, secrets and possible adventure hooks with the hard working villagers of Bad Water.  I got through 11 buildings last night and just started working on the next batch.

Back to work.

11 comments:

  1. Yeah, why don't you tell them about your Fantasy Football.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for Whisk! I THOUGHT I heard a whip crack earlier....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe she can crack the whip on me, because I've stalled badly on my own NaNoWriMo venture...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've overcommitted myself with free online courses, a four-day leadership conference, etc. On top of NaNo...something had to give...

      Delete
  4. Like the map. Congratulations on reaching your first "goal."

    ReplyDelete
  5. That map looks great!

    I had the same issue yesterday - I only managed some 500 words. I remembered that happening the 1st time i did NaNo, so, this year, I front loaded the word count substantially for just such an emergency.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been a fan of minimum daily word counts or writing to a deadline. Forcing yourself to write may work for some people, but when I'm ready to write the words flow; when I'm not I'll just sit and stare at the screen and nothing I write will be any damn good. I've learned from long experience not to force myself - I'll write when I'm good and ready on my own time.

    ReplyDelete