Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Click Here to See What Rocks

Loviatar's 9th issue does!

So somewhere in the shuffle of stuff I did not post my thoughts on the latest issue of Loviatar.  To you not so smart people who have not subscribed to it, get an automatic +1 boost in Intelligence for doing so.  And there is a cumulative 10% of each issue read your Wisdom will increase. 

I reread it recently and think its Christian's strongest offering.  The entire issue is dedicated to another hex.  Hex 005 to be exact.  It is a very, very cool hex.  As a GM you have a lot to play around with, a lot of intricate relationships going on coupled with some great detailed locations.  I won't go into too much detail because I'd rather you experience it in Christian's words.

The best part.  There is a sequence in the Knockers tunnels that fucking rocks.  It is seriously good stuff.

I would be a bad person if I didn't mention the incredible artwork of Jay Penn.  He's done all the artwork for the issues, but he really out did himself in this issue.  Look at that cover if you don't believe me.  Tell me Morgan Stringman doesn't look like he couldn't shoot the pucker out of a gnat.  I dare you.  Jay also has a handful of excellent interior art pieces that elevates the already great setting.

Yeah, I know sounds like a lovefest.  I don't care.  It's a great issue.  Probably my favorite.  Great job Christian.  Looking forward to the Cthulhu stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, those Knocker tunnels are pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you enjoyed it. I was terribly worried I blew it with the tunnels. That was very challenging for me to write. I could picture the whole thing in my head, but making my pen follow my imagination is not always an easy thing to pull off. ;)

    ReplyDelete