Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Issue #1 of the Manor at the Proof Readers
One of the weird problems I ran into was I had an invisible page two. It was there, but didn't show up. It was screwing up my page count. I wanted to get to 24 pages and it kept saying I had 25. If I had any hair I would have pulled and pulled, but instead when I am about to recycle my computer I give Rob a call and he figured it out quick enough. Whew. I have no idea how to find an invisible page. I think that was my first encounter with one. So I earned some much needed Word experience points. I don't think I leveled, but I'm close. I could use some extra hit points.
I tweaked the text for rural PA. I wrestled with that piece more than the others. But I've got it now I think. Overall, I am very happy with the result. Now I have to be patient and wait for proofreaders to tell me my screw ups. I would tell them to forgo any family time, skip doctor appointments and even hold it for bathroom time so they can get through it quicker, but I can't. Can't I? Okay maybe just skip Aunt Regina's funeral. You didn't much like her any way.
As soon as they finish with the proof and I fix my screw ups I'll be figuring out how to sell this thing. Here's my plan again. I plan to sell the print copy directly from my blog and PDFs from RPGNow and Lulu. My prices will be as follows:
Print: $3.50 in USA
$4.50 for the rest of the world
PDFs will be $2.50.
I thought about doing a delayed PDF, but I really don't see the point right now. If I can get everything to work (and that is the key) they will be released at the same day. I encourage people to buy the print copy. If for no other reason to justify me buying a beautiful new printer I call Hugo. Plus I'm looking forward to using my long stapler and playing with the envelopes and card stock and... Sorry, just geek out for a moment.
Timeline for the release you ask. I am hoping this weekend. Saturday is what I'm shooting for. I'm stoked.