Saturday, November 19, 2011

Tome of Adventure Design

I knew I was going to do It, I just didn't know when.  I ordered the the Tome of Adventure Design from Frog God Games.  Inching me ever closer to that $1000 dollar mark on the left hand column.  I'm thinking either Pathfinder's third Bestiary or some must have OSR product is going to nudge me over the edge.

First impressions of the PDF are I can't wait to get the print version.  I already have the first two books in print.  Both are excellent.  The third book is about building an adventure and the philosophy behind it.  Tables everywhere.  And if you have experience with the first two books each table has a purpose within the whole.  They are not random, random tables.

The forth book, probably the one I am most interested in focuses on out of dungeon adventures.  I haven't had a chance to look at it too closely, but I plan on setting some time aside and playing with the tables tomorrow.

Like the Complete Tome of Horrors, this tome will be a fantastic addition.

3 comments:

  1. I don't generally buy a lot of products (tight budget and all that), but this is one of the items I'd definitely been interested in.

    Would love to see an in-depth review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Already one review from rpggeek, and it's pretty thorough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's... Awesome! I mean absolutely Awesome!

    ReplyDelete