Friday, March 29, 2013

Attack of the Marshmallow Peeps

Good Friday...yeah it is.  No real work.  I can do play work.  Back to work on Manor #4.  I've decided I'm not worrying about the size of the issue.  If it ends up being 40 pages, so be it.  I just want to make sure the content is worth the extra expense and time.  So far I think it is.  Coming along fairly well.  I mentioned doing an experiment a few weeks again about rewriting a classic as an exercise.  I was taking T1 The Village of Hommlet and as a writing exercise rewriting it.  Mainly focusing on the village.  I liked the entries and they were a ways away from the original and though they would be perfect for what I wanted to do in the next issue.


Okay, I just saw Ivy put marshmallow peeps on my blog and has completely derailed my train of though.

Is it just me, but if you take the pig tails off the girl, doesn't she look a lot like James Mal?

12 comments:

  1. The funny thing is, I watched you stare at your blog, and you didn't even notice them.

    This is the best sick day, ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These things are the reason I dread Easter every year. Honestly, and I don't mean to offend anyone, but am I the only person in America who finds Peeps repulsive and retch-making? I honestly think the only confection worse than these animals are those orange "circus peanut" candy foam concoctions.

    All this to say, I can understand WHY you lost your train of thought, Tim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Boric G - I'm pretty sure if I was there I'd be another one who couldn't stand them. They do look dodgy.

    @ Tim - Re the picture, the power of suggestion is strong with you. It does a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first gentle peep-fall of the spring, covering the world in a mantle of yellow marshmallow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm, I'm having a craving for peeps. Just saw a receipe for an Easter cocktail using peeps for sweetness and garnish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Whisk strikes again! Your wife is just the best Tim.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your poor blog gets beat up by small flying creatures so much that I'm starting to think it likes them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course it could BE James Mal with pigtails. He's been under a lot of stress lately. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ego usus sedecim voluntas. Ego animadverto Peeps.

    ReplyDelete

  10. I'm just not a fan of marshmallow goodness.

    As for the zine. I'm all for a big zine even if it costs me more.

    ReplyDelete