Sunday, December 15, 2013

Matt Jackson Maps


There's this interesting site called Patreon, I hadn't heard of it until recently.  It's where people present what they do and if you like it you can become a patron of their art and donate money to the person for the work they do.  It's kinda like piece work though.  You pledge (I'll use Matt as the example) any where from .25 cents on up.  I think the pledges would vary depending on what the person was doing.  Say I pledge a buck, so for every map that Matt completes that month he gets a buck from me.  But the patron can put a cap on how much he or she pledges.

+matt jackson recently threw his maps into the Patreon ring.  You can find it here.  I've recently become a member and surfing around the site trying to get an understanding of the site.  But I like it so far.  If you are a fan of Matt's maps, head on over to his page and become a patron of the arts.

Some other old schoolers taking advantage of this site is +Dyson Logos.  Another incredible map make.  His Patreon site is here.


And yet another map maker, +Shane Knysh is also offering his maps.  While the above two work in mainly black and white, Shane uses vivid colors.

You can't go wrong back any or all of these guys.  here are probably more who have projects going on, but I'm not sure how to search for them yet.  If you have a project on Patreon please feel free to post the link in the comment section.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the plug! That is some great company to be placed in, Dyson is the master mapper and Shane's maps are always awesome (I still cannot do his wall style or the cool ass grids). Hopefully we all do well, maybe we could make a bunch and meet at GenCon for a mapping conference! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, not to be left out, I have a Patreon account where people can support my writing and content creation.

    Support Hack & Slash!

    Obviously, I could just package up the articles on the blog in Zine format and charge to mail them out to people. . . (I kid!)

    ReplyDelete