Friday, December 6, 2013

What I Love About the OSR

This isn't going to be one of those, 'let me count the ways' kinda post.  Eww.  But seriously, as a whole, the OSR is made up of some very cool individuals.  Many are doing their own thing, being creative, producing amazing stuff.  Others supporting, helping and being generous.  Look at the recent support that Mandy Morbid received and is receiving from a bunch of people from the OSR.  It makes is a pleasure to read and support others in the group because of this.

Recently I was the beneficiary of a act of generosity.  I'm not sure what spurred it on, but wow, I appreciate it.  +Tim Knight sent me a copy of Dungeon World and some little Dungeon World booklets.  Look at those pretty books.


Dungeon World is one of the games I've been wanting to get for a while, but for some reason never got around to getting.  I was looking forward to playing a game last con I attended, to check out the system, but missed the session.  Now I've got brand new copies of the rule book and those little books.  I remember seeing them, but haven't looked at them closely enough to see exactly what they are.  They remind me of +matt jackson Edge of Space booklets.

Thank you +Tim Knight for such a generous gift.  I appreciate you taking the time and effort.  I'll be reading through these over the weekend.  I got plans for these bad boys.

8 comments:

  1. Actually, those little booklets are the ones the initially inspired me to make the Edge of Space books.

    This is exactly why I love the OSR as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words, Tim. It was the least I could do towards going some way to repaying the kindness you and Ivy have shown me in recent years.

    Looking forward to hearing of your adventures in Dungeon World

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! There are a lot of awesome folk in the OSR. I would have stopped posting a long time ago if it weren't for some of the cool bloggers I've "met".

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://dyverscampaign.blogspot.nl/2013/12/the-great-blog-roll-call.html

    Check this out you made the list

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really awesome, and reaffirms that this is a great community of people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Tim, you have been generous yourself so it's good to see you on the receiving end

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tim your a star, the day after I replied to this post I received my present from you.

      Props to you Sir

      Ian

      Delete